Adding playlists via drag & drop are all over the place

So perhaps Im doing something wrong, but this has been bugging me for a while now. I keep my music in a folder structure & like to replicate that with playlists. I do this by dragging my new monthly / weekly folders directly onto the collection folder. This create a playlist with the same name as my folder and all is good, except for one thing… the location / position the playlist is put. It seems to just be created wherever Engine feels like it. Logic says that this should be put at the top of the list - however, sometimes it’s put right at the bottom, sometimes at the top, other times somewhere in the middle (then I must search for it). Although this seems like a small problem, it becomes extremely frustrating when your redoing your library on a backup drive or creating lots of playlists. There is a possibility Im doing something wrong, so if I am, please let me know. Otherwise I feel like Denon need to address this & give us some consistency.

The playlist assumes the position where it is released. Unfortunately the collection cannot be sorted alphabetically or by creation date or by “last modified” or other intelligent sorting. You can move the playlist by dragging it with the mouse and it will stay in that position.

I release the folder directly onto (on top of) the collection tab. Engine then just puts it wherever it wants. Surely it can’t be too difficult to let the application just put it on the top of the list? If I want to change it thereafter no problem. The way it works now is totally unpredictable.

1 Like

What’s happening is the playlist should be added to the bottom of the list.

But, if the playlist name has previously existed in Engine DJ, then importing that same name will likely add it to the the location it was previously stored. This is because the database still has a reference to any playlists that were added in the past year even though they have been removed. This is so that when you connect a drive that has playlists on it, they know the order they should be displayed in compared to the playlists from your internal drive.